There is one Get out of Jail Free card in both the Chance and Community Chest. Any player can use this to leave jail on their turn. They would have to put the card at the bottom of the stack of cards and roll the dice. Also, if a player gets this card, they may keep it until they use it or they can sell it for whatever the market will bear. This card has a value of $50.
- Get Out of Jail, Free This card may be kept until needed or sold.
- (Features Rich Uncle Pennybags flying out of a bird cage with wings attached to his suit)
- Get Out of Jail Free This card may be kept until needed or sold.
- (Features Rich Uncle Pennybags in a black and white striped prison jumpsuit getting the boot)
When not having this card you must wait for three turns (unless doubles are rolled on any of those turns) then, after the third roll, you get out of jail AND must pay a fine of $50. If the card is not used before the third roll, and doubles don't come up on the third roll, the $50 fine must be paid and the card cannot be used.
- A 2008-present Get out of Jail Free card features broken Jail bars instead of Rich Uncle Pennybags.
- The "Get out of Jail Free" card is popular in pop-culture and has become a euphemism for easily getting out of a bad situation.
- In the video game The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, the Get out of Jail Free card makes an appearance, and upon its usage, all doors in the room are opened, similarly to the "Dad's Key" item.