The four Railroads are fairly lucrative properties. They have the highest visitation frequency (64%) and rank 7th out of 10 in payoff percentage.
The four Railroads are:
- Reading Railroad (pronounced RED-ing, not REED-ing)
- Pennsylvania Railroad
- B. & O. Railroad (did not serve Atlantic City)
- Short Line (shortened form of Shore Fast Line)
Rent starts at $25, then doubles for every other Railroad owned on the board:
- 1 RR: $25
- 2 RR: $50
- 3 RR: $100
- 4 RR: $200
Building a Train Station on a Railroad for $100 in Mega Edition doubles the rent stated above. If you draw a specific card in Chance, the rent price doubles so 1 RR is $50, 2 RR is $100, 3 RR is $200, and 4 RR is $400.
- Printed Price: $200 each
- Mortgage Value: $100 each
The Railroads are extremely good to own. They are a steady source of cash and can temporarily stop an opponent from building with all 4 of them together.
- The Pennsylvania, B&O, and Reading railroads were actual railroads that operated on the East Coast. The PRR and Reading are now part of Norfolk Southern (Formerly the two were part of Conrail) and the B&O is now part of CSX. The Shore Fast Line ceased operations in 1948.